Castor Oil Pack for Fertility and Women's Health
What on earth is a Castor Oil Pack?
Derived from the castor seed and has been used as a healing remedy for centuries. Castor oil packs help to relax and bring a sense of general wellness and support Women’s Health.
It can reduce discomfort, help to decrease inflammation, remove toxins in the tissues and liver, breaking down scar tissue, improve assimilation's, eliminations, circulation (especially of the lymphatic system).
For Fertility by enhancing ovarian and uterine health, detox the liver and improve egg health in turn encouraging healthy blood flow. Castor oil packs, self-massage at home and a nurturing healing massage like Fertility and Womb Massage Therapy we can place mindful attention and touch to the belly where we can also process any emotions held here by giving voice to the feelings.
Combined with massage it encourages scar tissue to break up so that the underlying tissues including endometriosis, are free to move as they are meant to and receive healthy blood flow.
So, what exactly is a Castor Oil Pack?
A castor oil pack is a simple and highly effective treatment at home or as part of a treatment. It is an external application of castor oil. A piece of wool flannel is saturated in castor oil and applied to the belly, liver or womb (depending on your needs) with a hot water bottle or heat pack on top. The treatment works most effectively if you can set at least 30 minutes aside to relax and get the most from this effective self-care treatment.
What You’ll Need
- High quality organic castor oil
- Organic cotton flannel (both can be purchased as a Casor Oil Pack from me)
- A hot water bottle or a heating pad
- Layer of plastic (cling film or cut up a plastic bag)
Using the Pack:
You might experience some intestinal bloating or discomfort. This can be a sign that you have an imbalance. The castor oil treatment will help this. Castor oil treatments can also induce bowel movements. You can back off the treatments for a short whole if the intestinal side effects are bothersome.
- Use the pack in the evening, as you are resting before bed or when you have quiet time.
- Spread out a large plastic bag on the bed with an old towel on top so that the castor oil won't leak onto the bed. Fold a towel (that you will use only for castor oil packs, because the oil is almost impossible to wash out completely).
- Warm the heat pack/hot water bottle.
- Lie down on your back on the towel. Place the pack on your abdomen, with the heating pad on top and the towel on top of that. It should be very warm, but not so hot it burns you.
- Ideally, keep the pack on for 1 to 1 ½ hours. Although anything from 20 minutes onwards is beneficial.
- Have a paper towel handy to wipe the oil off yourself when you get up.
- During the preparation for conception phase you can perform 3 times a week for a minimum of 30 minutes. When trying to conceive, perform only during the first half of menstrual cycle (from menstruation to ovulation).
- This treatment will help break down scar tissue including cysts, endometriosis and blockages in fallopian tubes, eases menstrual pain, draws out toxicity and helps to stimulate circulation therefore bringing a healthy blood flow to the uterus.
If you are actively trying to conceive, Castor Oil packs should only be used from the end of your bleed up to Ovulation.
How often do I need to do these treatments?
The effects of castor oil are cumulative, meaning the more regular you carry it out, the more effective it will be. 3 times a week is a good amount.
Approach this as a part of loving self-care that feeds and nurtures you. This could include lighting a candle, using your favorite essential oils, playing some relaxing music or a Yoga Nidra. Soak in the time for yourself.